Skip to main content

He Sees in its Appointed Place...

Our Heavenly Father is so gracious to tend to our needs! In the weeks following the last blog post, Unless the Lord Builds It, His kindness in meeting us in personal ways has been, well, beautiful. Don't get me wrong, everyday has not been perfect but, as I reflect on the last few weeks, I am blown away by His overarching grace. Neither of the two passages I share below were sought out as I grappled with the idea of letting the Lord build our family and ministry. They were little bouquets of wildflowers that He left here and there to remind me of His love.

I pray these words that have encouraged us will sink into your hearts and encourage you as well. If the "old" English is a little uncomfortable, as it is for me, I would challenge you to let that lack of familiarity drive you to dig into what is being communicated, and pray for guidance as you think on the words.

Stone Cathedral

Morning and Evening by Charles Spurgeon

August 2nd - Morning
"Who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will." Ephesians 1:11

"He sees in its appointed place, not merely the corner-stone which he has laid in fair colours, in the blood of his dear Son, but he beholds in their ordained position each of the chosen stones taken out of the quarry of nature, and polished by his grace; he sees the whole from corner to cornice, from base to roof, from foundation to pinnacle. ... At the last it shall be clearly seen that in every chosen vessel of mercy, Jehovah did as he willed with his own; and that in every part of the work of grace he accomplished his purpose, and glorified his own name."

The Weaver by Grant Colfax Tuller
Weaver

My life is but a weaving
Between my Lord and me,
I cannot choose the colors
He worketh steadily.

Oft times He weaveth sorrow,
And I - in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper
And I, the underside.

Not till the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Shall God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why.

The dark threads are as needful
In the Weaver's skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.